Short-list finalist of Eric Hoffer Award. Pure evil collides head on with innocent hope in this edgy, addictive, and controversial novel that readers agree would make a great movie on the big screen.
Two evil psychopaths in an East Texas town torture and kill with no consequence until the one that got away finally returns to take matters into his own hands.
For Benjamin Wilder, it was just another day in the life of a twelve-year-old boy…
– Waking up with a fresh black-eye, compliments of the Rabid Dog: CHECK
– Taking care of his drunken mother before school: CHECK
– Risking life-and-limb to sneak out for a sleepover (and getting caught): CHECK
– Witnessing two psychopaths commit unspeakable acts of human horror: CHECK
– Running for his life and assuming a new identity in the process: CHECK
– Living happily ever after: YEAH, NOT EXACTLY